We’re near the end of Diabetes Blog Week! Myself and many others are posting for 7 (seven!) straight days. Haven’t heard of Diabetes Blog Week? Get the lowdown by clicking on the banner above.
We’re up to day six now. And to be honest, I am the Worst.Artist.Ever. That means it’s time for a wild card subject:
Back by popular demand, let’s revisit this prompt from last year! Tell us what your fantasy diabetes device would be? Think of your dream blood glucose checker, delivery system for insulin or other meds, magic carb counter, etc etc etc. The sky is the limit – what would you love to see?
I know I’m not going to give this subject justice today, but here’s a little of what I’d like to see:
– A device that delivers insulin and measures glucose through the same infusion set.
– It would be nice if said device would be 100 percent accurate. Always.
– And can it deliver data real-time to mobile devices and the internet?
– While we’re at it, can we make the data readable by Macs and PCs and Androids and iPhones and Samsungs, etc.?
– Let’s give it an alarm that will wake the dead in the middle of the night.
– What if it sent data to your endocrinologist on a regular basis, whether they want it or not? And then what if it held them accountable for helping you and kept them from saying stupid things, like “non-compliant diabetic”? (I’m not talking about you, Dr. P)
– Oooh… Let’s give it a feature that will taser the Diabetes Police whenever they get out of line (maybe with cupcake frosting).
– And finally, I need my Dream Diabetes Device to pick the winning Powerball numbers tonight. ‘Cause 600 Million Dollars would buy a lot of test strips.