I was away for a couple of days, and when I got back, I realized that it had been a while since I’d been to the grocery store. Since it was Sunday afternoon already, I found it difficult to get motivated to do it yesterday.
So I pulled together a salad for dinner that consisted of pretty much anything that was left that I could put on a salad. This isn’t so much a recipe as it is an exercise in emptying the fridge.
This salad consisted of:
– Lettuce, of course. You can tell from the photo that it’s the last of the head of romaine too. Not the nice, dark, green stuff from when you first bring it home. Oh well… someone has to eat this.
– Shredded carrots
– The last few olives left in the jar
– My last chopped green onion
– Some sunflower seeds
– Last of the turkey lunch meat
– And the last half of a tomato
It doesn’t look like much, but it tasted really good with a little blue cheese dressing. I’m not even going to guess at a carb count for this, but it ain’t much, I can tell you that. Mostly from the tomato and the dressing, I suspect.
What’s the laziest, craziest thing you’ve ever made from whatever was left in the house?
More about my days away when I can figure out exactly what I want to say about them.